PANTONE SkinTone Guide
The PANTONE SkinTone Guide is a new speciality product for the accurate reproduction of skintone colours - ideal for designers and product developers who use colour in their work:
- Photography - photo retouching
- Toys - dolls and action figures
- Medical - base creation or product matching
- Fashion - underpinnings and foundation garments
- Graphic Design/Printing/Packaging - collateral and packaging that show realistic skin colour
PANTONE SkinTones go from Fair to Dark, with four hue groupings in between spanning the light to dark colour range. Within each of these groupings is an ascending or descending order of hues to show various shades of SkinTones. Each PANTONE SkinTone number is comprised of a four-digit alphanumeric number. The first two positions reflect the hue or undertone of the skin. The second two positions represent the tone or lightness and darkness of the skin.
Realistic skin tones are notoriously difficult to reproduce, so the SkinTone Guide is the only internationally available skin tone colour standard based on actual human skin measurement for greater accuracy and realism.
PANTONE SkinTone Guide features:
- 110 colors numbered from 1Y01 SP to 4R15 SP
- Large-size swatch with central aperture for easy colour evaluation and matching
- Reverse of swatch has mock perforation to allow colour to be shared
- Includes colour index
- Colours were developed to present the best colour match when evaluated under D65 (Daylight 6500K) lighting