ColorChecker Video MEGA
The ColorChecker Video MEGA is designed for those longer and wider shots when you need a larger reference target. Both will speed up your colour correction process and save you hours in post. Use it to nail exposure, match multiple cameras and maintain consistency during changing light, so that you can tell your story as perfectly as possible.
Measuring an impressive 102 x 152cm, the MEGA is the largest target within the ColorChecker Video range and is an ideal tool for the following photographic scenarios and more –
- Cine – wide shots: landscape, cityscape, custom sets
- Event filmmaking; concerts, churches, sports, stage
- Aerial filmmaking
Filmmakers, DITs, Editors and Colourists: Get to your ideal colour place faster!
The ColorChecker Video MEGA provide an extra-large format for effortlessly capturing the target at greater distances and wider angles. The Video MEGA is designed for shoots when the space between your camera and subject is too great to capture a smaller target.
This target eliminates the need to move your camera closer or adjust the focal length of your lens, allow you to shoot in the same lighting condition that is falling on your subject and minimise colour casting from any surrounding light. Each target provides the same chromatic colours, skin tones and grey reference chips as the standard size ColorChecker Video but is approximately 5X larger. You are also able to increase capture resolution for more accurate post-production work. The ColorChecker Video MEGA targets work with popular filmmaking tools including waveform, vectorscope, zebras and more.
Using ColorChecker Video targets at capture get you to a worry-free, colour balanced, consistently neutral and ideally exposed place faster than ever before. It’s an essential colour tool you won’t want to be without, saving you valuable time from pre-production through post.
The ColorChecker Video MEGA target includes:
- Chromatic colours: six saturated and six de-saturated colour chips align with vectorscope primaries
- Skin tones: six colour chips from light to dark with different undertones
- Grey levels: four larger steps for even grey balance including white, 40IRE grey, deep grey and high gloss black
- Linear greyscale: six steps for even grey balance including highlight and shadow regions
- Illumination check chips: black and white chips at two corners to better assist in determining even illumination
Use the ColorChecker Video MEGA target for a variety of applications, including:
- Setting perfect exposure
- Matching multiple cameras
- Color grading
- Grey balancing
- Editing for mixed lighting
Including a ColorChecker Video target in your production will allow everyone on your team – from producer and cinematographer to editor and colourist – to work with consistent colour information.
Video MEGA Target
- Height x Width: 40 x 60 x 1” (102 x 152 x 2.5 cm)
- Weight: 20 lbs. (9 kg)
Humidity Range: 85% or less, non-condensing
3rd PARTY SOFTWARE SUPPORT
ColorChecker Video target is supported in these 3rd party software solutions for improved colour grading efficiencies.